Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Image Generator Fun

I found this image generator listed on The Generator Blog. http://generatorblog.blogspot.com/
It’s called “Egyptian Name” on the list. It has an Egyptian Name Translator. http://www.eyelid.co.uk/e-name.htm

I typed the letters of my name and voila… here is my name (Ellen) in hieroglyphics! (starting from top to bottom.... I couldn't seem to get it to display across the page though I tried several times). I first tried to copy/paste with no luck...finally I saved it to my computer and used Blogger's Add Image button and the code appeared in my Create Post screen. Like my experience with MapMaker, it was magical to see HTML code transform itself into an image... nifty!!!








Another site I found on the Generator Blog is "Glitter Names".
http://www.glittergraphics.us/
It was very easy to choose a glitter style (there are 28 to choose from!), type in a word and you can see the results below. This is a great site with many uses.

Myspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter GraphicsMyspace Glitter Graphics, MySpace Graphics, Glitter Graphics

I guess I unknowingly got ahead of the assignments when I used MapMaker in one of my past week blogs. Turns out it's an example of an image generator. It's listed on the FD Toys page http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/
The MapMaker link is http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/map.php
You can view my Tues May 27 post to see the map that I created using this fun image generator.

No comments: