Monday, June 9, 2008

Tagging and Social Bookmarking...yummm... Delicious!

The YouTube video "Social Bookmarking in Plain English" was great! This is my first time going to the Delicious site. On the Del.icio.us home page hotlist, I found this site:

http://lifehacker.com/395368/best-online-language-tools-for-word-nerds


Very interesting links to all manner of word info. One site I liked is
Visuwords™ an online graphical dictionary —"Look up words to find their meanings and associations with other words and concepts. Produce diagrams reminiscent of a neural net. Learn how words associate." Neat clusters!! http://www.visuwords.com/

Another one of interest is LearnItLists
The description said "Learn a language ten words at a time"... this interested me. I went to the site http://www.learnitlists.com/ and here's more info: "What is Learnit? A tool for learners which helps your brain store new words quickly. Learnit helps you: Learn words quickly. Say them right. Know the most important words. Test what you know"
I plan to return here to try it out when I have more time.

I explored pbcls on Del.icio.us... quite an assortment of tags. I like the tag clouds! The user notes and related tags are helpful to expand one's search for info.
I can see how this site could be useful for research and especially for easy bookmarking; not having to be on one particular computer to access your list of favorites is quite a plus.

Finally, I created a Del.icio.us account, installed the toolbar buttons (and took the button tutorial... Who would've thought there was a "button" tutorial?!), and bookmarked 2 sites complete with tags. Yippee! It was a "Del.icio.us" experience...(Groan).

No comments: