Exloring the "What is Popular" feature on Technorati, I saw Boing Boing. I'd heard of this in the past but never went to the blog to see what it was about. The description on Technorati is:
"Boing Boing is a weblog of cultural curiosities and interesting technologies. It's the most popular blog in the world, as ranked by Technorati.com, and won the Lifetime Achievement and Best Group Blog awards at the 2006 Bloggies ceremony."
http://boingboing.net
Wow, the most popular blog in the world! It's helpful to see the latest Boing Boing posts right there on Technorati... if you want to go to the blog site, the link is right there... isn't that "conveeenient?"
I did the URL Advanced Search for www.pbclibrary.org and found 73 blog reactions. It was great to see a link to the PBCLS Mousing Around Tutorial in Fauquier County (Virginia) Public Library's Blog, "e-Resource News", under "Free and Easy Computer Tutorials."
I did a tag search for web 2.0 and found 34,941 posts labeled with this tag.
Related tags listed are: web-20, web2.0, ajax, technology, web, internet, tech, blogging, google, techcrunch
One interesting thing I saw was about "Retaggr"
Retaggr: Stepping Up Online Activity with Super Business Card 2.0
http://mashable.com/ 2008/ 06/ 10/ retagg/
"It’s a new site that lets you compile all your online activities into one interactive profile. The result is a virtual business card that acts as a widget wherever your name appears on blogs or other Retaggr-enabled sites. Now, instead of just commenting on a blog with your name, you can use Retaggr to let people see your photo, twitter status, a link to your blog, and links to other social sites like Facebook."
Hmm... nothing I'd be inclined to do, but I can see some people really finding it valuable.
Another thing that caught my eye is the following:
Hulu Lands Stewart and Colbert
http://www.onlinevideowatch.com/ hulu-lands-stewart-and-colbert/
"Comedy Central has begun a test offering of John Stewart’s Daily Show and Steven Colbert’s The Colbert Report on Web TV portal Hulu. Just as Netflix has become the go-to destination for all things DVD, Hulu is quickly living up to its promise and potential to become the first stop for users looking for TV content online."
T.V. on the web... again, nothing that attracts me, but great for many.
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hello, ms. ellen.
Post a Comment