Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Using Map Maker and Exploring "Places" in Flickr

Places I've Visited
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com
Make yours @ BigHugeLabs.com


I just "automagically" (as stated on the site.. I like that word :-)) created this map using one of the third party applications (Map Maker) found on the Flickr Services page.
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/map.php

Amazing how by just copying and pasting the gobbledygook HTML code, the image of the map appears. I don't know much about it, but it seems to me that a while back HTML code was the domain of computer professionals only. It seemed (and still does) so complicated to me. Now (maybe it always was, but this is my first experience of actually doing it), it's possible to just cut and paste the code and create all kinds of images, etc. I don't understand it at all, but it's fun and opens a whole new world!!

On a similar travel note, I found some pictures of Bodh Gaya, a place I'd been to in India in 1976.
This is a description of this place from the site:
"Bodhgaya, India - Bodhgaya is where the Buddha reached enlightenment and is thus the most important Buddhist pilgrimage destination in the world. The Mahabodhi Temple and adjacent Bodhi tree marks the spot where the Buddha achieved enlightenment and set out on his life of preaching. Monks come from around the world to meditate, worship and study."
This link will take you to these pictures:
http://www.flickr.com/places/India/Bihar/Bodh+Gaya

I found this picture by going to the bottom of the Flickr Tour page where I clicked on "Places" (next to "Explore"). I typed "Bodh Gaya" in the search box at the top of the page and there they were! What fun this will be to search for pictures of many places from my past travels... and future, too!!

Seeing these lovely pictures brought back wonderful memories of a special time and place.

No comments: