Thursday, July 3, 2008

Reflections on my 23 Things Journey

I've been very happy to participate in 23 Things and greatly appreciate the opportunity. There have been many new technology tools that I’ve wanted to explore; having the content structured and parceled out made my ability to learn about the various tools more manageable.

Some of my favorite discoveries were:

Learning how easy it is to create a blog.
Embedding a YouTube video in my blog.
Learning of the existence of online applications and tools, especially ZohoWriter and ZohoShow (PowerPoint).
The Image Generators
LibraryThing….
And on and on… I really liked all of it!


There is no doubt that this program has assisted me in my lifelong learning goals. The prevalence of so many new Web 2.0 tools makes it important for me to know about them and how to use at least some of them. I'm quite pleased to have been able to do some things that I had felt were a bit beyond my reach. I feel that now I'm more “of this modern world” and I’ll be more knowledgeable when assisting patrons. Personally and professionally, this learning journey has been very valuable to me.

I was surprised by how very easy most of these tools are to use. Fear of not understanding and needing to spend lots of time learning kept me from trying out some of these tools… Now I think I won’t be so discouraged about trying these new tools as they continue to be created.

I would welcome another discovery program in the future, and I would definitely participate!

No comments: