I explored the three Podcast directories and found them to be a great resource.
I first went to NPR Podcast Directory and chose Books
http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=89697155
I clicked on the link for All Book Podcasts and then chose KUOW's Nancy Pearl Book Reviews http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=4949408
I chose the The Latest Episode(June 30, 2008) and listened to Nancy review two books,"The Greatest Thing Since Sliced Bread" by Don Robertson and "The Arrival" by Shaun Tan. Both sounded interesting. I think this is a great way to learn about books....Nancy Pearl is funny and enthusiastic and I really enjoyed hearing her discuss these books. I added Nancy Pearl's weekly KUOW book review program to my RSS feeds list in Bloglines. I was pleased to see how very easy it was to add the podcast to my Bloglines list... just cut and paste the link and Voila!
I was also impressed by Podcast Alley which was created by a young man (26 years old) with degrees from Purdue University in Computer Graphic Technology and Computer Programming Technology. He is trying to index all podcasts available on the Internet... impressive goal. http://www.podcastalley.com/
I browsed this site to see the variety of subjects in the podcasts listed.
A quick browse of the Library of Congress Podcasts site http://www.loc.gov/podcasts/
showed so many interesting things (including 2007 National Book Festival Podcasts)... definitely will return to explore more.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment